Google analytics

Monday 8 October 2007

2007 Season

As the season draws to a close I have been reflecting on my performances.
Without going into too much detail, I performed well early season and was really enthusiastic. I think I overdid the racing a bit and will probably drop 2 races next season, although then I will be fitter and stronger and it may be ok to do them.
Also I had a bad start to the year with my bike accident and a lot of other stuff going on, so not ideal preparation. However, stuck it out well. Had a bit of a dip with Half Ironman UK which really hit me hard in terms of not performing, knocked my confidence. But after a couple of ok Olympic distances that made me fell better I then pulled out a stormer at Littledown tri and carried that into New Forest middle distance tri! Just a shame I was ill with a chest infection and had a sore knee while doing this race, because I think I could have gone a lot better. But those last 2 races have really given me a load of confidence and I know I have the strength and abilituy to do well, with the right training and discipline.
Next season looks good and I will be looking after my body and getting it well prepared in the off season. I have a duathlon on Sunday and a couple of road races in November and December which will help me focus on my running.
All positive stuff and more importantly than anything, I am loving it all!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad you had a good tri in the New Forest and that it has been a boost to your confidence .You dound very positive but it also sounds as though you need a good long rest - you have certainly put yourself through it this year and all credit to you for your bloody mindidness and your sheer dertemination ! You've learnt a great deal about yourself I'm sure - it's is a long ongoing journey and I wish you every sucess for your winter training and look forward to following your progress into the new season ahead.

Powered By Blogger