Google analytics

Sunday 4 November 2007

New 10k PB

Well, after an easy week, with little training, I topped it off with a crazy 10k performance, on the back of very little running, just been biking to work everyday, and longish bike Saturday, with 3 light swim sessions thrown in. Didn't feel great this morning, just the tail end of a cold on it's way out. But I turned out on a lovely sunny morning to do the AECC Dash Back 10k. Started at Boscombe pier, finished at the Chiropractic College. Great event.
Set off and kept around the 170bpm mark for heart rate and my pace throughout was very even. Just under 21 minutes at the 5k mark, and thought I might push on to get under 40 minutes. However, I lagged a bit from 6 - 8km, didn't feel brilliant but then managed to kick on within the last 2k. Felt very good when I finished, quick recovery, legs in good shape, IT band a little tight, but nothing to worry about. So all in all a great morning's work!! Time 42' 51". Well pleased. Official time will be a few seconds quicker, as I didn't stop my watch right on the finish line, but no matter.
Good race which sees me into a nice rest period when I holiday in Lanzarote!!! Lots of swimming out there and sun on the beach!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger