Google analytics

Tuesday 18 January 2011

grade 2 ankle sprain

Been looking at websites for info on this injury and the whole recovery process. The good ol' NHS referred me to a physio, but now wait for 4 weeks! Good job I know a bit about injuries and rehab and how to get myself back to fitness, and regain some mobility in the ankle. If I didn't then I would be healing all wrong and by 4 weeks the physio would have a hell of a job trying to get my ankle right.
So I continue to heal, albeit slowly. At leaat I am now mobile without crutches, but still very sore and the ankle is tired after an hour on my feet. So icing inbetween and resting as much as physically possible inbetween PT sessions.
Will get in the pool later today and at least swim for 30 minutes in an attempt to hold on to my fitness and to help with some ankle flexibility in a non-impact envirnment. Water is excellent for recovery from injury, although I think tumble turning and pushing off the wall might be a no-no!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger