Google analytics

Thursday 17 March 2011

A week gone by

It's about a week since last post and I've not really had much time or the inclination to sit down and write anything constructive.
So here goes. Last Sunday's time trial went ok, 25 mile, and I rode a 59' 03", which on the day was 3rd quickest. I felt ok, not brilliant, but not bad, and never really got into it. It was very much like a training ride, which is pleasing in itself as I know there is much more to come once I start putting some work in. Next one is in 10 days, 28 mile sporting course, which I won last year, and rode well. So I'm hoping to do the same again. As we a lot of these things, it's as much in the head as in the legs, and if I can get myself focussed then I should ride it well.
My ankle contnues to mend, but I'm still not doing any running of any note. I have done a couple of workouts in the gym, kettlebells and some boxing and I have worked muscles in different ways which has left me aching! But in a good way. I also managed to drag myself to the pool last night for a swim workout. My god, how slow am I??!!! I have lost my feel for the water, so I am going to make a concerted effort to swim more and claw back some speed in the water, before I lose it forever!
More PT today with some of my clients and a bike workout later this evening. Forgot to mention I managed to lose my Garmin Edge 305 bike computer somwehere in Wareham Forest at the weekend, so I am having to make do with a cheap alternative, which is ok, but I miss it on the turbo for doing structured workouts with heartrate monitor. Oh well, I'll have to start saving again!
And one more thing, I shovelled 2 x 1 tonne bags of gravel yesterday into our garden. Great strength workout, my back and arms are really achy this morning!
Onwards and upwards!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger