Google analytics

Sunday 17 July 2011

Poole Wheelers Club 25

Wet, windy, only 9 turned out! Me and James Gilfillan rode out to sign on and watching the group huddled round the sign on car, we feared the worst, a cancellation!
However, not to be and the ride went ahead. James was off number 8 and followed by me at number 9. For those not experienced in time trialing then we go off at minute intervals. So I had my incentive to try and keep up with Mr Gilfillan. And for the first half of the race I was not losing that much ground, 3 loops of the dual carriageway and I was able to keep an eye on progress. Mile 15 to 20 I found tough, as the hard headwind on the fastest section of the course, slowed me right down to a snail like 22 mph in places, whereas normal speeds would be up around 34mph.
I tired over the last 2 miles, but finished in a respectable 57' 26". Second behind James who rode a very solid 54' 20ish". I was riding well and felt stronger in the legs today, heart was tired from hill runing at Forest Fit yesterday.
After the race, me and James rode out for an hour, a quick loop of Wednesday's club 14 mile TT. Hopefully I am back to some kind of form, and nice to feel some strength returning to my legs.
James is off to Alpe d'Huez triathlon in less than 2 weeks, and I quite fancy his chances of coming away with a podium finish, such is the strength of his riding. http://www.alpetriathlon.com/2011/AN/index.html

No comments:

Powered By Blogger