Google analytics

Tuesday 10 January 2012

Training latest

A full week on the bike, goal 1 is well undwer way. 10th of January already and I have managed to get on my bike everyday bar one, I really needed a rest day on Saturday after Forest Fit, and playing five-a-side football on Friday night, my first 'competitive' game for 10 years! Ooooh, I ached a bit on Saturday after that. I was fit enough to run round the pitch all evening but muscle groups working in different ways. Very enjoyable to get out and try something a little different. Not sure how often I will be doing that, particularly if I have a race coming up.
Most of my outdoor riding has consisted of between 90 minutes and 2 hours. Steady riding, taking in a few Purbeck hills. Average pace between 18 and 20 mph. Nothing crazy, trying to build some consistency. Turbo efforts of around 60 minutes, again, just working through the gears, building pace, and not yet anything structured. January and February will continue in the same vain, I might throw in the odd 3 hour ride but to be honest, this time of year 2 hours is the max I like to be out, circulation in my feet is not great.
As for swimming, not yet back in the pool, chest, neck and shoulder still tight, although I did visit the chiropractor and she freed up my right first rib, so I have a lot more movement and stability through that area, but still not right, and a few more physio sessions will hopefully sort that out.
Will get back in the pool next week, and start light swimming.
Running is ticking over, nothing too structured, other than an interval session once a week, trying to get the heartrate working, and not everything at aerobic level. Light run today of about 40 minutes, then will turbo in the evening, Forest Fit and bike tomorrow. Bike and run Thursday. Friday bike. Saturday Forest Fit and off. Sunday bike and run. And then see how we feel before planning the following week.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger