Google analytics

Wednesday 28 March 2012

April nearly

Well, April approaches and where am I in this lovely weather? Indoors recovering from a hernia op last week. 7 days in and I'm healing well, but it's slow and I feel a bit ropey as a result of the anaesthetic. I don't react very well to them. So it's slow going but all should be ok for me to slowly get back to some semblance of light exercise by the coming weekend. Will then ease myself back into it so that by the end of April I can really start pushing on for Antwerp 70.3 on 22nd July
That should give me plenty of time to get in good shape. A few training races before then should see me right, and I'm hoping to be fully fit and go well, as I would like to qualify for World Champs in Vegas later in the year. If I can get a10 weeks of consistency from end of April through to 22nd July then I know I can go well. All the endurance I have in the tank should see me right.
Will be such a good feeling to get back on track with a goal and something to aim for and to keep me motivated to put the long hours in, although this time round, I'll be shortening the sessions and upping the intensity, looking for more speed.
More blog posts to come which will help keep me pushing forwards through a slow period of recovery.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger