Google analytics

Monday 8 October 2012

Training

So, very relaxed weekend, only one session of Forest Fit and then a 2 x 4 min Tabata session involving power cleans and inverted rows on rings, 8 sets of 20 secs on, 10 secs off, done twice with 3 mins rest inbetween. Great HIIT set. 

So strength definitely improving. 
Now at 5 x 5 deadlift 120kg, which for me is a big increase. 
Bench at 5 x 5 60kg.
Squat 5 x 5 90kg.

I have been working the deadlift more, and more power and hang cleans. So when I'm fresher I will add more squats with weight into my sessions. Working on technique for the olympic lifts, and still hitting the olympic rings, working on building up to a muscle up! 

Swashbuckler duathlon at the end of the month, so now I have 2 weeks of biking and running, short quality sessions, get some speed up and get my aerobic system firing. Should be interesting to see how I do as I have completely changed my approach and I've not done any 'endurance training' for weeks. Feel fresh and strong, and definitely loads leaner as I have cut right back on carbs, so will see what happens.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger