Google analytics

Tuesday 17 July 2007

lunchtime run

After a few days off the running I went out today, and to be honest I wasn;t looking forward to it, and almost immediately I was straight into a ferocious headwind. Oh the British summer!! I warmed up for 10 minutes and then set off to do roughly 10km, just over that. Ran in a good time of 45' 18". Run got easier as I went on, but I just feel so slow. I think I have to get more into the mindset that I do on the bike. I'm very confident on the bike, and can push my legs hard and not get out of breath. But running, every time I just push a little harder I feel as though I am using much more energy. That said, my running is improving, it will just take a lot longer for my times to improve. They are getting better, if I look at my run times over the last 12 months. So I'm happy enough for now. It's something I can work on over the winter, with some long slow endurance runs and some shorter 'sprints'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How long did it take for someone to break Roger Bannister's mile record? I'm sure by now you know that improvements in running times are slow and you will come to a level where you will only improve by seconds if that - that said you have made a great improvement over the last twelve months but obviously it will slow down. don't expect it to happen quickly - however there will always be the days when you will go like the wind!

Powered By Blogger