Google analytics

Saturday 6 December 2008

On my doorstep

Well, I went for a 70 minute easy run this afternoon. Harry suggested I find some soft ground, but I was struggling to find any off-road trails. But then I set off and just headed in the direction of Wareham Forest, and before i knew it, after 20 minutes I was on the heathland, quiet and peaceful, sun just going down and fresh air. Great trail runing country. Did 9 miles at an easy 8 min/mile pace, and felt really good.
Got a new pair of Nike Zoom trail running shoes, and what a difference. I've never had dedicated off road shoes before and I am very impressed with them, feet feel very secure over alsorts of terrain and through mud and water. Feet stayed warm and comfortable inspite of the wet and cold and plenty of cushioning and support but feet felt very solid as the shoes gripped everything they touched. Will certainly look at wearing them for next season's UK 70.3 as the run leg is mostly off road.
Feels good to have found my running legs again. Knee is now pain free. Went out and did an hour on the bike this morning, felt a slight ache in the knee but not at all surprised as there was frost on the ground still, puddles icy and a chill wind. But span away at a good cadence, not pushing hard, and in fact, by the time I got home I felt like I had just got warmed up, and could ride a lot more. But I'm sticking to my plan, and not getting ahead of myself, as I don't want to overdo things at this stage of my winter base training.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger