Google analytics

Wednesday 9 December 2009

Latest News

Hello everybody!

It's not been an easy time of late, hence no posts for a while. The day to day trials and tribulations of life in the big wide Birtwistle World continue to pound the energy reserves!
But I'm still here, and the sessions are getting ticked off. Challenge Roth gets a little bit closer. Consistency is key and thankfully so far I have avoided alsorts of germs and bugs that have been all around. Now, there we go, I've just tempted fate!
Big bike mileage the weekend just gone, quality swim sessions and a good swim session with coach Harry this lunchtime at the Dolphin pool. Few pointers for me to improve on, but on the whole stroke mechanics are pretty good and it's all slotting into place. One thing though, I do not swim hard enough!!! I have to make those max efforts really max efforts. We did some 'open water' 100s, was good fun, and what a difference it makes to really draft off a great swimmer. Just sat right on Harry's hip, I could feel the pull, but still I had to work hard to stay there, and when he did push on a bit I lost my position in the water, found mysekf instantly on his feet and that was it, like a goosed rider, 'out the back' of the peloton. Session was very useful, and always find that after Harry's coaching session I come back swimming beter than before. Hopefully this will happen again!
Easy 60 minute run tomorrow, swim drills on Friday and then bike and run Saturday and long run for 2 hours on Sunday, will end another solid week of good work.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger