Google analytics

Friday 29 January 2010

The weekend

Hallelujah! It's the weekend. Well, it's Friday, but my weekend starts today as I have the day off at home with Elliot. This is also the weekend I start picking up the bike and get stuck into getting the miles in. At last the bad weather of late seems to have relented and despite the dreary grey days it will be a lot better out and about.
I'll finish off an easy week with a ong ride tomorrow, 3-4 hours, just steady, and then a long run on Sunday. I can tell I haven't run properly for 2 weeks as my legs are heavy after yesterday's hour at lunchtime. Won't take long and I'll be back in the groove and eager to pick it up now as Roth is getting ever closer.
I have now entered two races as prep for the big one. Swashbuckler Tri in the New Forest. http://www.racenewforest.co.uk 1.9k swim, 80k bike and 22k run. Also Weymouth middle distance tri http://www.conceptsport.co.uk , same distances, run is a little shorter. New Forest on the 23rd May, Weymouth 6th June, ideal training races for Roth. I can use one as full on race effort and the other as a way getting a feel for full ironman pace. The Swashbuckler has already sold out and looks like there is a good field, with Dave Woodgate among the Elite level athletes on show. I haven't seen a start list for Weymouth but I'm sure it will be filling up quickly, as it is a good course and very good value for money. Check out the websites above for more info.
I'll probably be doing Winchester tri sometime in April as a good training race and maybe one more shorter effort race just to stay fresh, but I'm not wanting to overdo it early in the season.

Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger