Google analytics

Monday 3 May 2010

Steve Birtwistle - Personal Trainer

Into week 6 of my 10 week course, and it's in full swing! Such a lot to learn but all great stuff. Really looking forward to getting out there and putting all the theory into practice. I have a new web address and will be creating a new site to complement this blogsite. http://www.stevebpt.co.uk
At the moment this URL only points back to the blog, but once I get some spare time I will be creating the small info site myself and doing a whole bunch of advertising material to go with it. Watch this space!

As for weekend race news, James Gilfillan was in action at the New Forest Triathlon yesterday, see http://www.racenewforest.co.uk for results. He made it win number three in that race, and his dominance of the New Forest race scene continues! Well done James. Will Newberry was also in action and came in with a very solid 5th place, and is on course to go well at Ironman Austria in July.

More news to come this week. The training is now getting serious!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Steve

Could you recommend a good part of Bournemouth and its environs to get some sea swimming practice in?

I am doing to Bournemouth Triathlon and although I can swim the distance, I've not done it in the sea. I need the practice.

Is there any where with a course marked out?

Enjoying the blog by the way.

Chris

Steve Birtwistle said...

Hi Chris

Thanks for your message.
Yes, there's plenty of sea swimming areas that are safe to train in. I normally swim down at Swanage. Sometime in May they do use a marked out area, about 200m x 150m, which works ok. You can also swim across the bay there, which is the main Swanage Olymppic distance triathlon, usually in August, 1500m swim leg. Durley Chine near Bournemouth pier is pretty good, but occasionally watch out for the currents.
Zoom Tri Club swim down there most weeks and have a good group of swimmers of all standards. Group swimming in open water is often the safest way to do it if you're not used to it. In fact, the swim leg at Bournemouth tri is from the pier down to Durley Chine and back. Last year's was a bit choppy and I had a right nightmare, got lost and felt sea sick!! cost me a top ten finish. http://www.zoomtri.com I think is the eb address. Get in touch with Lawrence Down there, he's the main coach. I know him very well, and they are an excellent club.
Oh, just remembered one tip, for the bike leg at Bournemouth make sure you start off in the small chain ring and pick a small gear. Straight into the climb up past the BIC out of transition, never nice!
If you need any more advice, feel free to post a message!
Best wishes
Steve

Powered By Blogger