Google analytics

Saturday 1 May 2010

Training update and stuff

Another week has almost gone by. Where? Time is ticking by at an alarming rate.
So, what's been happening? Course is whizzing by, and at the end of it I will be a fully qualified Personal Trainer, operating out of Bournemouth AFC's new gym. A team of 4 PTs and a class instructor will be going to work in the new facilities they have there. Very excited by the potential for development, and also excited by the fact that the athletics track is just round the back and I will be able to make full use of the facilities there. So got to get myself marketed and my services advertised, but really looking forward to the new venture.
Training this week has been pretty solid, decent enough 10 mile TT on Wednesday, but just too tired at the moment to really find that extra speed that I know I have. 22' 05" was ok, and it was a reasonably quick night, warm and wind had dropped a little. But took me a while to get into my riding, and you can't do that on a '10 miler' as you have to be right on it from the off. I ran on an athletics track for the first time on Tuesday, 3 x 10 minute intervals, each one harder with 3 minutes walk recovery inbetween. Certainly was working hard and enjoyed running on a completely empty track!! Will be doing more of those sessions I think.
Today I was out for 76 miles on the bike, just over 4 hours of riding round the Purbecks at a nice comofrtable pace. Tomorrow I am headed for the New Forest for 80 miles on the bike, dropping by the New Forest Triathlon en route and watch James Gilfillan win again!! Then back home for a 45 minute run off the bike.
Time for me to start getting into race mode a bit more. Swashbuckler triathlon is in 4 weeks' time and I have done no racing at all yet. Can't find a sprint one to do, so may have to 'do my own' down at Swanage next week. 40 minute sea swim, followed by 56 mile bike and solid run off. Have to speak to the boss man Harry and see what we can come up with.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger