Google analytics

Tuesday 27 February 2007

Recovery

Hi All!

Well, I'm now back out of hospital and on the road to recovery. I have got back a lot of strength now, 4 days since the op, and I think the anaesthetic is just about out of my system, although still a little tired. Face feels like someone has had a good kick at it! That said, my body feels rested and flexibility feels good, and I am losing a couple of pounds which all helps. But my god, it's boring!! I can't do much, can;t watch a lot of tv because my eyes are tired and it hurts my face, same for internet and reading, and I can't settle to much and end up sitting for half hour and then pacing round, very restless.
I have planned my race schedule and the first one will be a duathlon on 25th March in Beaulieu. 10k/30k/5k , run/bike/run. I will be back on the indoor trainer for gentle spinning on Thursday. I will be back in the pool next week for swimming, and later in the week in the gym and on the treadmill. This then gives me 3 weeks to prepare for 25th March. Hopefully my base level of fitness won't have taken too much of a knock, and I certainly won't be going for any PBs. However, I'm confident of being fit for the 25th and I certainly need a race under my belt to give me a confidence booster on the road to UK Ironman 70.3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not a pretty sight - hope you are now on the mend. Dont overdo things too soon. Good to see you are not deterred and are looking forward to your first race outing. I wish you well and will be watching your blog with interest.

Powered By Blogger