Google analytics

Sunday 18 February 2007

Right back on it!

Saturday Morning brick session, very positive, got me back in the groove. Just my bike was a little on the slow side, but to be expected I suppose in light of recent events.

bike stats
54 mins 8 secs
18.4 miles (29.6 km)
Ave speed 20.4 mph (32.8 kmh)
max speed 30.8 mph (49.6 kmh)
ave cadence 88
max cadence 108
ave hr - 162bpm
max hr - 218bpm( not sure if hr monitor a bit wacky at start of ride)
kcal - 949

Run stats
33 mins and 20 secs.
4.3 miles
ave hr 156 bpm (approx)

Good session, felt very strong apart from when on the bike, legs felt a bit tired after 20 minutes. I had warmed up before session as well.
But on the whole very good. Very quick recovery, hr back down to 90 bpm within 2 minutes of finishing.
Had one litre of SIS electrolyte drink during the bike. Seemed to work well, was enough.
Focus will be on the swim next week, more time in the pool and on the bike for muscular endurance. Really need to work at increasing speed. I seem to prefer the longer distance stuff as it takes me an age to find my legs. 40 minutes of pedalling and I was just about at the point of feeling good. Was good running off the bike, and I don't seem to have any problems with that.
How I wish I didn't have to have an op in the next 3 weeks, because it will really get in the way of my training. Was going to really ramp it up over the next 3-4 weeks as we get into race season. Oh well, stay positive, I'm a lot fitter than 12 months ago!!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger