Google analytics

Friday 10 October 2008

Progress update

Very little, apart from a couple of positive swim sessions, which is just about keeping me sane!
I am unbearable to live with at the moment, Mr. Angry!!!

I still can't ride, other than 5 mins on the turbo at lowest cadence in smallest gear! And cannot even jog 100 yards. Not good.
Slowly I feel my knee is better. Visited AECC in Boscombe and have been taped up with Kinesio taping. Very interesting, more to help with overall biomechanics and stabilising my right leg/knee.
Don't know if it's working yet as there is still pain in the knee. Once that has gone then the tape should help stabilise things, preventing reoccurrence of the injury. We'll see, jury still out on that one!
I have been back to my trusted physio, Roger Hoare, who is physio down at Weymouth Football Club, knows his stuff, and he is spot on with what the problem is. Scar tissue on the Patella tendon causing inflammation which is why the pain is not going away. He works on the knee injury and it always feels better after that.
Been to docs today to get a sick note for work, as I have been off for 2 weeks with a nasty stomach virus which has wiped me out, obviously not helping my body heal, hence why knee is taking so long to repair itself. Also asked him about cortisone injections, to which he can do, but there is little benefit to be gained as Clearwater is only 28 days away and ther is no way I can benefit from training at this late stage. I'll just swim and then take it easy round the course, and take in the atmosphere and experience. It's all about getting right for next season now. I'll be back at the docs next week for a homeopathic consultation and I'll give it a try. It's worked on his wife's injured shoulder, managing to start repairing itself after only 3 days of homepathic pills.
So it's frustrating at the moment, and I'm just learning to cope with an injury which has come at a bad time, especially as it's cost a small fortune o take the family out to Florida. But I'm sure it will be great just having 2 weeks in the sun!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger