Google analytics

Monday 20 October 2008

Too Slow

Well, I managed a run. 2.5 miles, at easy pace with 400 yards of hard effort. Well, my heartrate can at least reach near it's max without me getting ridiculously out of breath, so that's not too bad, but hr is a bit elevated, which comes as no surprise at that was my first run in 6 weeks.
And my knee held out, but a little ache afterwards. Had an afternoon out with the family and it was aching later in the day and on Sunday.
Today I managed to ride into work more or less pain free, slight dull ache after 30 minutes of riding in foul weather! Done a 3000m swim at lunch, various 200, 300 and 400m efforts. Swimming not too bad. My easy efforts now are 7 min/400m pace, which I'm happy with. Come race day I'll be quicker, so not too bad. I will not be running now til I get to Florida, 7 days before race day. I'm going to do everything I can on the bike, as it's easier to ride pain free. I may be able to run again next weekend, which will be 2 weeks before the race, but I've so little to gain now, I may as well leave it and try to stay pain free as much as possible, looking beyond November. Was hoping to do New Forest duathlon this Sunday, but I'll see how I feel on Wednesday and see if I can get a late entry. I might do it, just as an easy paced effort, to get round the course. 5k run, 20k bike, 5k run.
I got physio on Wednesday and if it improves at the same rate as last Wednesday then things are on the up and up!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger