Google analytics

Sunday 15 November 2009

Wimborne 10 miler

Nice weather! Seriously, it was warm and sunny and a welcome break amongst all the rubbish we have been having recently.
Big turnout, obviously a popular race, lot of club runners. I ran solid, and that's about it. Bit disappointed I wasn't quicker. I felt good, just never really got going and didn't push hard. I built towards the end and second half was slightly quicker, but I never got breathing really hard and my legs didn't really hurt. 65' 51" was disappointing, really thought I would be closer to 62. But never mind, it's my first one and I now have a better idea of how to pace myself. It's a decent marker, and the upside is that I felt good and could have pushed on for another 3.1 miles, putting my half marathon at 1:25, which I would have been happier with.
So onwards and upwards. Massive thanks to Charlie for the lift down and well done for his 68' finish, he'll get quicker too!! Well done to Simon Harris, back to running and putting in a good effort.
Results on http://www.wimborne10.co.uk
The cakes were lovely post race!!!!!! Well worth the entry fee!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger