Google analytics

Sunday 31 December 2006

Festive Season 2006

Ho Ho Ho - I had the flu!!

Marvellous. I took the family up to North Lincolnshire to stay for a week with the in-laws in a lovely cottage in the countryside, lovely and relaxing. I went for a run on 23rd with my sister-in-law, felt great, just a gentle 5 and half miles. On Christmas eve I went a little further, a 6.5 mile run, time of 48 mins 40 seconds, which I was very pleased with. That night I started feeling ill, and did not sleep, only to eventually wake up Christmas morning feeling like Dr. Death had visited me! Then alomng came a cough and fever and that was it, until now. Sunday 31st!! I feel better now, cough has gone, but I am still a little drained. I have not done any exercise and am just completely resting until I am right. Probably not back on my bike until Tuesday, back to work then. Might go for a gentle 15 minute jog tomorrow, but I will need some more sleep before I do that.
I lost a lot of weight as I was not eating, so need to get that back a little. I was under 14 stone 2 days ago. Weighed myself this morning and back to 14 st 4lbs which is ok for now. Yes I will want to shed a few more punds before June but I wantt to do it the healthy way!!
So for those of you reading my blog I wish you all the best for 2007, I'm really looking froward to a healthy and fun-filled year. And can't wait to get stuck into my triathlons. Hope you had a better Christmas than me.
Best Wishes!
Steve

Don't forget you can sponsor me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sorry your training has been seriously interrupted by the flu - glad your getting better but I'm sure the virus doing the rounds has taken it out of you. return to training carefully taking heed of 'notes to self' Look forward to following your training up to your first race.
I wish you a Happy and Healthy 2007

Powered By Blogger