Google analytics

Monday 18 December 2006

Training today

Good day today.
Cycle to and from work - 7.5 miles there. 8.5 miles back. approx 20 mins and 25 mins respectively, depending on traffic and lights. Easy ride this morning. Not nice at night, but keeps me focussed on riding in traffic and calls for good bike handling.

Swim - lunchtime. Good session. 1 hr 10 in the pool. first half - drills focussing on body position, I sink too much and my body is not straight enough. Need to get my head lower, looking down and pushing down with my chest and keeping solid core muscles. Second half swam lengths, easy, trying to focus on smooth stroke, head position and rotation. Felt better, but still slow. No worries, it will come. Note to self - Patience!!

Gym - 20 mins warm up on treadmill. 10 km/hr gentle pace.
20 mins on rower - 2.5 minute intervals, full out. Covered 5000m. Felt very good. Recovery strong and last interval was very strong. h/r rate reached 169 bpm. Felt I had more in me as well.
weights and stretches, chest and arms.
20 mins on treadmill, 12.2 km/hr, steady. Stopped when starting to tire slightly. h/r at 154bpm consistent.
Good session, and starting to feel strong. Will extend length of workouts in the New Year. For now, just happy to maintain good cardio level, and build strength.
Note to self - don't overdo it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

notes to self - interesting - do you take any notice

Steve Birtwistle said...

Surprisingly enough, yes!!
I had a good rest day yesterday and am canceling my scheduled run today, because my calves are still a little sore.
And I'm not taking my bike away with me when we go away for Christmas week!
Will still get a couple of runs in, but I'm not 100% yet, so still taking it steady.

Powered By Blogger