Google analytics

Friday 18 May 2007

Thursday afternoon Bike ride

Well, I was full of cold and felt lowsy but I justhad to get out of the house and get some fresh air on my bike. And glad I did, lovely warm sunny day, but still very windy. Did a 28 mile loop in 1 hour and 30 minutes, very hilly and nasty crosswind sections. Did this ride on my Plasma, and oh how I love those Easton wheels, such a joy to ride. Only thing I found was on the hills as I powered down the cranks my back wheel was lifting ever so slightly and I didn't seem to get the traction I needed. But small price to pay for what is a most enjoyable ride. Despite feeling below par, my legs were strong and I could have ridden at that pace for a lot longer. Average speed was 18.2 mph, not that fast, but if I can maintain that over the Half Ironman distance I will be pleased. Any more is a bonus. I know I can go a lot faster but I need to save something for the run.
I'm having two days off training this weekend, save a nice leisurely swim on Saturday. I think at this stage, a lot of the hard work is done, and I don't want to overdo it, with only 30 days to go. But I will still have 2 weeks with some long sessions in there, so not easing off too much just yet!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger