Google analytics

Wednesday 9 May 2007

Wednesday Swim and Bike

Lunchtime swim - 30 minutes. Shorter session today, in the slow lane, concentrating on stroke and trying to be as smooth as possible in the water. Felt much better. Also worked on kick with kickboard. Stroking stronger, reaching better and sitting higher in the water. Good positive session.

Evening bike - 1 hour 58 mins. 50km (31 miles)
Well, this has to be one of the hardest bike training sessions I've done. Took in 3 long climbs, and all were into an incredibly strong headwind. And when it wasn't a headwind it was a horrible crosswind! Took all my efforts to get the cranks moving just in lowest gear! Needless to say my average speed was slow at 25.6 kph. But despite hard effort, h/r average was 136bpm, max of 174bpm. Aerobic fitness has improved but I must admit, having been racing for the past 4 weeks I have noticed how my all-round bike fitness has just dropped off a little, which is to be expected as it's a while since I have done a long training ride and the races have been over short bike distances.
I'm now aiming for a 2 hour and a 3 hour ride each week over the next 4 weeks, with two rides of an hour each as well. 3 hour ride will be steady pace with a few intervals thrown in. The 2 hour ride will be done at near race pace. 4 weeks good riding will help get my bike riding back to being able to go hard for 3 hours.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger