Google analytics

Wednesday 30 May 2007

Wednesday Lunchtime Run

Just over 8 miles in 1 hour 3 minutes and 48 seconds. Hard going, did not feel like running and did not particularly enjoy the run, wet and windy. But that said, my body is not in bad shape and I was reasonably comfortable running. Just didn't feel good mentally and it didn't help that I had terrible bowel cramps half the way round, with nowhere to go!!! Not pleasant! But then I suppose over the course of 5 and a half hours of swimming cycling and running I'm bound to experience some discomfort so it's good to deal with these things in training!
I'm very comfortable now running at 8 minute mile pace over long distance and feel confident that my half marathon time will be around 1 hr 45 mins. For this weekend's Poole 10km I'm looking at 42 minutes. It's a flat course, good underfoot and it will be good practice for me to do a run at a quicker pace than normal, especially as I will swim and bike before I do it. This will be my last hard session before IM 70.3 UK.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger