Google analytics

Thursday 28 June 2007

bike to work and lunctime swim

Took the scenic route to work this morning, via Swanage and Studland and the Sandbanks Ferry, lovely morning. 38km ride, averaging 31kph, nice riding, feeling very strong at the moment, well recovered from exertions of Half Ironman UK.
Swam at lunch, 32 mins 20 secs for 1600m. Not breaking any records, but for me I'm really pleased with the way I am swimming. Reaching further with arms and keeping my body higher in the water, and my kick is definitely improving, which is saving me energy by getting better propulsion through the water than just relying on my arms. Then allows me to not go so hard with my arms and shoulders in the water, thereby saving energy.
All good stuff, should be nice and prepared for Bournemouth International tri on 8th. 1500m swim which I hope to do in 30 minutes. 40km bike , nice and flat course which I'm hoping for around the hour, as I shall be really hammering it. And for the 10k run I'll be happy to get under 45 mins. Under 2 hours 20 mins for the lot and I will be really pleased, it will be a nice one to bounce back after the disappointment of my Half Ironman UK performance.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger