Google analytics

Friday 19 January 2007

Friday - bike and bit of everything!

After a stressful day off from training yesterday and an Indian that didn't settle very well and a restless night's sleep I ventured out for a gentle swim this morning. Felt like hard work, and I was swimming through syrup! But I didn't go all that hard as I was out on my bike a bit later, doing my usual 40 mileish loop.
However this morning, part of the route was closed off (army firing range in action!) and so I had to cut it short. That said, other than a horrible headwind on most climbs( all the climbs on this route bar one rise to the West! Makes it double the amount of hard work. Plus I was a little tired this morning as well.) thankfully no rain, but still a lot of surface water and debris on the country lanes, which meant I had to slow down to avoid puncturing or sliding on some sections. Felt strong though, so was good ride and improved speed as well. Lot stronger riding on the flats(what little of them there are!)

Here's the stats:
Ride time - 1 hr 45 minutes and 19 seconds.
Ave h/r 152 bpm
Max h/r 169 bpm (think this was on account I didn't go quite as hard on the climbs as I was feeling tired - not up around the 172-175 mark as is normal)
Distance 31.5 miles (50.61 km)
Ave speed 17.9 mph (28.8 km/hr)
max speed 37.9 mph (60.99 km/hr)
Ave cadence 80
max cadence 107
Kcal used - Approx 1690

This ride was done on my Plasma. It is quick on the flats and handles very well on cornering. Acceleration feels not so quick, takes a bit to get up to speed, but cruises very nicely and very comfortable ride. I don't enjoy climbing so much on Plasma as I do on the S30, maybe it's the different wheels. Got Real Design Suprersonic's on the Plasma, very light, 40mm deep section rims. I have Mavic Ksyrium Elites on the S30, which do feel very nice and climb well. Might have a chop and change and see which set up feels right for when I do Half Ironman.

Fuel today - 1 750 ml of SIS Electrolyte drink. 1 Power Gel sachet. 1 500 ml bottle of water.

On return to home I then jumped out of cycling gear and donned my running shoes, as I wasn't out on the bike as long as I expected to be. Ran 2 miles in 16 minutes and 12 seconds, not quick but just wanted to get the feel of my legs running again after a reasonably hard ride. Felt good, apart from the damned Indian food repeating on me and I had a stitch all the way round!
More of the brick sessions to come, definitely needed!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger