Google analytics

Wednesday 31 January 2007

Wednesday lunchtime swim

Well, I just went to the pool today after a stressful morning at work and set off swimming, really felt good. Then I worked hard and just kept going. Lost count of lengths, just swam until I saw 50 minutes on the clock and thought, I best be getting out and getting back to work!
So who knows what distance I went. Was certainly longer than I have been before. Good endurance swim.
I really hope I haven't picked up the bugs and colds that are flying around at work. I'm so aware my immune system is potentially lower as I am working my body hard at the moment, and it is repairing muscles and tendons. I do feel a little tired eyes, bit too warm, side of tongue sore and a little more mucus than usual, and a bit irritable!! Eaten a lot of good food today, replace my glycogen stores, and will curl up, watch a good film and early to bed, get lots of sleep.
If not right, will cut back tomorrow's planned run, maybe even leave it out altogether.
Do not want to overdo it at this time, training is just getting good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You sound well in tune with your body now and are obviously aware of when to cut back slightly to allow it to mend itself- there is a lot more to this intensive training than one imagines

Powered By Blogger