Google analytics

Wednesday 17 January 2007

Wednesday lunchtime swim

Biked to work this morning in a torrential downpour!! Don't you just love the weather in the UK!! The worst thing though is that it is very mild, not at all cold. that's not right for the middle of January, temperature should be at least 5 degrees colder. Need a cold spell to ward off any colds and germs in the air.

So, I was at the pool again today, for 60 lengths of the Dolphin pool and it's 33 metre length!! So 1980 metres altogether. Didn't keep time on this one, but I felt very relaxed in the water and did feel quicker. I think my stroke is improving, better rotation and certainly more efficient, not using half as much energy to propel myself through the water as I was doing 3 months ago. Really enjoying the swimming at the moment. I do need to work at some more drills and get some coaching, but for the moment I'm happy to build up my swim endurance. I am also very pleased that I can swim the Half Ironman distance - 1.9km and feel good after it, ready for the bike leg. At this moment in time, I am confident of going the full distance of 70.3 miles, and am now thinking of establishing a goal for my overall time, and splits based on performance limiters and the course. Both bike and run involve a lot of climbing.
Watch this space!!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger