Google analytics

Tuesday 9 January 2007

Time on the Turbo

Boy, this weather is not nice, and with these short dark days and long dark nights, not much chance to get out on the bike. Hail the indoor trainer! Was on it again today for another hard workout!
1 hour 50 minutes. My god, without an Ipod it would be as dull as hell for that time, but that said I got some intervals in and I can break the time down into various amounts of effort, work on cadence, leg speed, leg strength, aerobic and anaerobic efforts.
Got cadence up to 150 which I managed to hold for around 2 minutes. Obviously this was in a fairly low gear. Further along I got heart rate up to 182 bpm for a 4 minute period. This was at a cadence of 100 and in a hard gear. Could probably sustain that for longer, and this was an all out effort, over time trial effort. Saw my speed up to 47 km/hr. Felt good , recovery time excellent, down to 120bpm after 4 minutes of easy pedalling. built it up again to then after a while stick it in the highest gear on the bike and got my cadence up to a steady 95 for 2 minutes, max speed of 52.1 km/h. Heart rate around 174bpm, but was hard on legs. Long cool down of 15 minutes easy pedalling, worked any lactic acid build up out of my legs, and felt very good after session.
Speed is coming on the bike, pedal action improving, and leg strength is loads better than 8 weeks ago. Turbo trainer is really making a difference. Doing 2 or 3 sessions a week now and I am definitely being rewarded with increased aerobic fitness. I recommend them to anyone who is into cycling or who has a bike and just wants to use one to keep fit.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger