Google analytics

Tuesday 7 August 2007

Monday, Tuesday

Cycling to work everyday now with a heart rate monitor, just to make sure my level of effort is not too great. Keeping my hr below 120bpm on the ride to work, spinning legs well. Monday lunch was a 35 minute effort for 6km, very slow going in warm weather, but legs felt tired. In fact, I had forgotten that I have ridden my bike every day for 8 days, including 2 hard weekend rides, and a lunchtime ride last week, and a bit more inbetween. Tuesday morning, in the pool at Wareham for a good 40 minute swim session. Again though, it took me a good 20 minutes to get properly wamred up before I felt I was really able to swim strong and maintain a hard effort.
Generally as my fitness improves it's taking me longer to warm up. No bad thing, but means that my training time will increase for me to keep making improvements.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger