Google analytics

Sunday 25 November 2007

New Half Marathon PB!!

Downton Half Marathon today, first time out for this distance without it being part of a Half Ironman Triathlon, and what a great race. Really well organised, great fun, very tough and challenging course, lovely sunny weather, just a strong cold headwind around a lot of the course.
I went through 8 miles in 59 minutes, and picked up the pace after that to finish in 1hr 36 mins 21 secs. The firsthalf of the course was hilliest, but I was strong up all the climbs, really strong on those, but had to go wearily on the downhills, as my knee was a little sore and my shoes were a bit slippy where there was surface water. But that aside I finished strongly, just a little tight in the calves with 200m to go. Delighted to go under 1hr 40 at my first attempt at a proper half. I will definitely be doing some more. Just need to remember that I will need to increase the recovery time after doing them!!
I came 29th out of a large field of over 300. For me that result is excellent, as I consider my running to be my weakest discipline, but for some reason at the moment, I am improving in leaps and bounds, with my last 3 outings at 5k, 10k and Half marathon resulting in good PB times. Lets keep it going. Will rest for a week, no running, minimal cycling to let my legs recover!! Will still keep up the light swimming sessions.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger