Google analytics

Sunday 7 February 2010

Sore back

Well, it's been a solid two days of training this weekend, but left me with a sore back, tight in the glutes and hips from yesterday's bike which I did on the time trial bike, not ridden that long in the aero position for a while and left me a bit sore. But covered 66 miles in the 3 hour ride, and then hopped off straight into a run. 1 hour 15 minutes later and I was frazzled! But a very solid session. These kinds of sessions are the real quality ones, where it just gives me a confidence boost and makes me realise that if I keep fit and healthy and build up nice and steady then it's going to be a good summer!
Then the other side of the coin! Today, 4 hours on the bike, covering only 65 miles! Bit more climbing, nice and easy pace, but horrible back ache for most of the way round. Not pleasant. And a horribly cold easterly wind on the way back from Portland Bill. But job done, miles in the legs and time in the saddle so no complaints. Recovering well and just hammering the hips and glutes with whatever I can find lying around!! Might be time for another massage!
Back to work tomorrow, but there is news to follow on this front, more of that at a later date! Have a good week everyone, hoping Monday is a good day!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger