Google analytics

Wednesday 10 March 2010

March Update

I cannot believe it's 2 weeks since I last wrote anything. Where on earth time goes, no idea!
So what have I been doing then?
Answer, not a lot, but quite a lot. I dunno really, as far as training is concerned just cracking on with it, although to be honest I have not been feeling 100%, stuffiness and sniffles just lingering, but not enough to stop me, but then again just there enough to stop me pushing on like I would.
So since last post, 2nd place in 27km time trial, rode in 41' 44". Horrible headwind on the last 7k. Lost a lot of time there, and mentally switched off, not ideal, but another good test and something for me to learn from. I rode the course a second time after the ifrst effort, and despite riding at a lower intensity I found myself conentrating more and rode 44' 05". I was obviously more relaxed, I also knew the course, and the wet road had dried a little, and there was no horse to hold me up! I then pedalled the 8 miles home in the cold wind to don running shoes and do 45 minutes. I walked after 25 minutes, the cold really got into me and I sarted to cramp. Played it safe and jogged/walked the last 15 minutes home. No need to push on, the hard effort had been done and I had got out of the session what I needed, so all positive. There then followed an easy week, which didn't feel that easy, 4 swim sessions, 2 runs, a rollers sessions and a solid turbo, followed by a weekend of 100 mile ride in 5 hours 11 minutes, and a 2 hour run. This week has been 2 swims and an interval run sesssion. And as I write I should be on the turbo, but my body is telling me to rest.
My mind has also been tested for the last 3 weeks, as a bit of fatigue hs taken hold and thoughts of 'why am I doing this?!' have been racing round the brain! But some good sleep this week has got me feeling somewhat better, but just need a bit of a rest I think.
So the lesson learned so far this year - quality not quantity.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger