Google analytics

Saturday 17 April 2010

Bike is ready to go


So here she is! This is my machine that I have been riding for the past 4 years. I added the disc last year and am still getting used to riding with it, but certainly feels great on the flat when getting up a good head of speed.
It was in action on Wednesday evening in the first of the Poole Wheelers' evening club 10 time trials. It was difficult riding conditions with very blustery conditions and low tempreature making it hard work. But there were some good rides. I managed a 23' 06", which bagged me a third place finish, behind the ride of Leighton Girling and Terry Icke, who are obviously both going well. Winning time from Leighton of 22' 40". So I'm not too far off the pace, and seeing as 10 mile events are not my focus then I was very pleased with that. There is more TT action this Sunday with a 27km time trial on the P433 course round Bovington and Wool. I rode this back in Fenruary on a horrible cold, wet and windy day so should be a big difference Sunday as the sun is out! If it says out! see http://www.poolewheelers.com/ for more info.
I am swimming in the sea today! Obviously wetsuit clad and then will ride out for 3 hours nice and steady. I have not ridden much this week as have had exams. Happy to say have passed them all and conitue happily on my quest to become a personal fitness trainer. Tomorrow's time trial will consist of an hour warm and up and then riding the course for a second time after I finish, and then a run off the bike when I get home. Should prove to be a solid session, although my legs might hate me come Monday morning!!
Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger