Google analytics

Wednesday 16 September 2009

New Forest

Ok, so 3 days to go. I've just got back in from a solid ride, including the Wareham-Wool 10 mile TT course, which I rode at a good pace and was pleasantly surprised by how quick it was in very difficult and blustery conditions. Thank god I didn;t have the disc on because a few times I was fighting to keep the bike in a straight line! Definitely no disc on Sunday.
So tomorrow is just an easy swim and jog and then Friday easy spin and down to Sandy Balls( ok I still giggle at the name) Campsite to register for Sunday's race, which also include racking the bike at Ellingham Water ski park and droppping run kit off at Sandy Balls. Split transition which is a bit of logistical pain, but it is what it is and I'll just get on with it.
Last race of the season, and I've not really done a great deal of racing this year. And I've not put my training into practice yet. I was there at Antwerp but wet tram lines brought me down in full flight and that put paid to a great finish. But these things happen. Sunday is my chance to put things right and do myself and my coach justice.
Big up to James Gilfillan, he's in great shape and he's gonna be tough to beat. We had coffee today and were discussing the weekend. Both in a positive frame of mind and raring to go!
And what's more, after Sunday I can have 2 weeks rest!!!! Yippeeee!!
Pics and race report to follow as soon as poss.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger