Google analytics

Monday 28 September 2009

Running

Steve Birtwistle at New Forest Triathlon 2009
I've had a nice rest week and had a great weekend with the family and even managed a nice sociable ride with James G on Sunday, weather was glorious. We headed over the Purbecks over to Lulworth and Durdle Door, and happy to say that legs were in reasonable shape, nice to ride steady and not have to worry about pace and heartrate and all the other things that go with training.
So I have now signed up for a few running events. The Solent Half marathon on 11th October, Sandy Balls Duathlon on 25th October, the AECC Dash Back 10k on 1st November and the Wimborne 10 miler on the 15th November. That's plenty of variety and will help keep it fresh as we head into winter training. Still havingan easy week this week, nothing structured, just whatever I feel like. Bought new running shoes today and a new pair or racers. Still gone with the Asics GT2140s, I tried a few pairs of other shoes on, but can't escape the fact that they feel right on my feet. A new pair of Nike Zoom racers felt lovely on my feet, light and fast. Well, hopefully fast!!
So might go and have a jog off-road towards the end of the week and get out again on the bike at the weekend, and possibly dip my toe in the pool on Thursday, but nice to have no pressure and I am really looking forward to starting the long haul through to Challenge Roth next July!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger