Google analytics

Monday 2 November 2009

AECC Dash Back 10k

Weather! Ouch! Wind! Double Ouch! Somebody using me as a windblock for 8.5k, triple ouch! Advice, if you can't run your own race at a small, local event, go find something else to do. At least share the workload with other runners when faced with such race conditions. Such blatant freeloading is never welcomed by anybody.
Anyway, moan over. This was very much a training exercise in holding a strong pace for 10k. Turned out, it was nearer 11k, at 6.7 miles on the Garmin. It's pretty accurate.
Had a solid weekend, best part of 4 hours riding on Saturday, and a 20 minute easy run off the bike and then a long run warm up before the 10k. Was actually going to be a 3 hour bike but atrocious weather made me think differently, and my legs were a bit tired from the day before. Anyway I stuck it out and actually came away with having done a solid workout. 3 miles on the return into a full on headwind was very hard work and I was at maximum just trying to keep my momentum going forward. I was pretty much gone with 1k to go, and had let my head drop with having somebody sit on me for most of the race, which was poor on my part. But all a learning experience, won't let it happen again.
Had 25 minute jog straight after and recovered well in the afternoon. Bit tired today, but a spin on the rollers later will see me right and I'll crack on with the week ahead!
Looking forward to seeing how James Gilfillan gets on at Ballbuster duathlon this Saturday. Go James!! Info and Results will be out on http://www.humanrace.co.uk/more-info-on-triandrun-winter-ballbuster-361.html

No comments:

Powered By Blogger