Google analytics

Sunday 30 May 2010

End of May


Another week on and chance to move on from last week's poor performance. Learned a lot. And in the end it boiled down to 3 things. Tiredness, stress and poor nutrition. I got it wrong on all counts, but the first two unavoidable. Nutrition is an ongoing experiment, binning the refined carbs, taking on more fat and protein and cutting out the naughties!! But I don't think it's working that well. So a bit more tinkering, adding in some more good carbohydrates and making sure I drink plenty of water, and not worrying about the coffee. Loving the eggs, whole milk and butter, feeling fuller and definitely helping me lean down. Also enjoying the organic pasture-fed meat, had a fantastic roast today, beautiful succulent beef joint off the market, none of this supermarket anabolic steroid supercow crap!
I scaled right back on the training this week, as the mind needed as much rest as the body. And I have just got back in from a 50 minute run in Wareham Forest, a lovely sunny evening witha nice cool breeze, perfect running weather, and has set me up for a positive week. Weymouth Middle Distance tri next Sunday and I'm not putting any pressure on myself to perform. I know what I can do, I'm going to go and relax and concentrate on putting in a solid effort. The result will hopefully take care of itself. But most of all I am just going to go there and enjoy it,and race with a smile on my face!
http://www.conceptsport.co.uk/

No comments:

Powered By Blogger