Google analytics

Saturday 25 June 2011

the best and worst of rides

So Wendesday's TT time came around and I was a little tired from 3 days of hard work and a bit more training. However, I went and gae it my all after a long warm up and up to mile 4 I was riding very well and feeling strong. Then I shifted up a gear and my chain slipped off the small cog and jammed inbetween cog and dropout. What felt like an eternity trying to free it, thoughts crossed my mind of just packing in. It was a 10 mile TT and as a few seconds have been separating the top 3 in the last few races I was aware that any time lost here would not be made up over the next 4 and a bit miles. Just before I cruised to a stop I did manage to free the chain and get going again, but lost all momentum and it felt hard work getting the legs moving.
Finished in a disappointing 23' 08", 3rd on the night, but 30 seconds off the pace and the way I was riding had I not had a mishap I would have been right up there. But such is racing and as the bike is still new I am still ironing out a few kinks and getting it just right. New saddle now as well, so slightly different feel, much more comfortable, but needs a minor adjustment to get in the right place.
No races this weekend, but I am getting back into training and will be riding both Saturday and Sunday with Sunday's bike finishing with a run off, and maybe a sea swim later in the day.
2 Forest Fit circuit sessions this morning have cleared the head and got me back in the mood for a bit of hard work!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger