Google analytics

Sunday 16 October 2011

Boscombe 5k results

http://poolerunners.digital-trip.co.uk/Files/Winter-5k-14-Oct-2011.aspx

A reasonable start to the winter series for me on the back of no specific run training. Been getting out when I can for a few easy miles but no structured interval training or tempo running.
Conditions were not ideal for a fast night, windy and a lot of sand built up on the sea front made it tricky trying to find the concrete floor. But on the whole I ran as strong as I could, finished with a bit of pace with the usual guts and lungs screaming to let them out! Oh, it's horrible doing the short stuff!
But hopefully over the course of the series I can improve and will be interesting to see how I get on. I was running these last year and did an 18:43 in December and then just when getting into my running I went and got injured with a nasty ankle sprain that has taken me the best part of this year to really get out of my system.
For anybody wanting to test themselves over 5k then this is a great way to do it. £2 a race, results up the next day and lots of people there, 250 runners on a Friday evening is a sign of just how popular the Boscombe race series is. Next one on 25th November.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger