Google analytics

Saturday 6 December 2008

First week of training

Well, as it's nearly Sunday, and the next working week approaches, time to reflect on my first coached week of training. Very much about base and getting myself back into things. Still rough, and Harry is trying to get an idea of where I'm at and what I'm capable of doing on a weekly basis. Focus at the moment is swimming, without a doubt, and after 4 hard sessions this week I feel the improvements already and I certainly know where my inefficiencies lie. Poor catch. But I now have the drills to work on improving it and stop slipping the water. My swim fitness is improving with the more time spent swimming and my feel for the water is far better than ever before, so it's all positive. With hard work and the proper application of the drills I should be able to really bring my swim times down significantly.
So, 4 hours swimming, 3 hours running and 6 hours on the bike, has got me back into the swing of things. Nothing too hard on the cycling front yet, and the running is easing me back into things. The same kind of week next week including 4 solid swim sessions which I'm really looking forward to, even if my arms and lungs aren't!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger