Google analytics

Sunday 28 December 2008

Ribble Valley 10k results

http://www.ukresults.net/latest/ribble.html

Well, I got round, but not the time I was hoping for. But no surprise as no run form at all, due to a lack of run conditioning. Aerobically very strong and could have run at that pace over a half marathon. However, when I wanted to go faster, legs just could not respond. Hopefully some hard work over the next 3 months will put that right, and I will start being able to transfer that level of fitness into speed.
But always enjoyable to be out racing, and a lovely course, lovely sunshine, just bloody cold!!!
The road running scene is obviously very strong in Lancashire, as I was well down the field with a time of 40' 27". 2 minutes would have shifted me up nearly 100 places, but placing for me is almost always irrelevant.
Bring on 2009!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger