Google analytics

Monday 5 July 2010

The body

The body is a funny old thing. I have had 4 easy days since my last hard training session. I had a gentle swim Friday, a very easy jog Saturday, a 2 hour spin Sunday and I am off in a minute to go and have a nice easy swim in the sea followed by another gentle spin. And it feels horrible!!
Tired, no energy, no appetite, restless, can't settle. Just couldn't be bothered with riding yesterday, so after 2 hours I gave up and rode home. Not like me, I love being out on the bike. Truth is, I feel a bit lost without the focussed training session. Without the target pace to hit or the right level of effort to maintain! Just easy riding has lost any meaning! But that's the idea this week, it's just to rest the body fully before I shock start it into action next week with some short hard efforts and then ready for the big one on the 18th July. Temperatures are set to sore out there, so looking at some white tri kit and one of those 'Lawrence of Arabia' style caps with the rear flap. Might look a right plonker, but if it keeps me cool then that'll do for me!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger