Google analytics

Sunday 26 September 2010

2-UP TTT

Time trial time again today, first for a while, and also the first time I had ridden a 2 man event. Rob Jefferies, Poole Wheeler and strong rider elected a few weeks ago to team up with me. We went out and had a short practice on Wednesday just to see if I could follow a wheel. And so we turned up in very cold weather this morning, a cool Northerly wind keeping it a little on the fresh side!
But I have to say it went very well, and I found some form. In fact I have not ridden that well all year! We had a couple of scary moments, Rob took on a car at a roundabout and I backed off, then we nearly had a clash of the spokes moment, coming together a little on the close side, and I wasn't great at going round a second roundabout, the wind gusting into my disc. But for our first ride together, it went pretty well. 58 mins and 46 secs for the 25 miles. Typical, season draws to a close and I find my legs!! In fact, I felt that good today I could have gone and ridden the course a second time!
Most enjoyable, and the lovely guys and gals down at Poole Wheelers might even have talked me into a couple of hill climb events!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger