Google analytics

Monday 6 September 2010

Latest News

James Gilfillan, World Duathlon Champion, age group 30-34. Not only did James win his age group, he won the whole race!! Brilliant result, and the only guy to break 2 hours on the day. Results here:
http://www.tri247.com/article_7505_World+Duathlon%3A+Age+Group+results+and+report.html?region_id=&category=
Sister Ceris was 2nd overall in the women's race, so a great day for the Gilfillan family. I'm sure James will fill me in with a detailed race report when we meet up for coffee later this week.
It's quite nice to know that over the last few years I have had the privilege or swimming, riding and running with James. I must mention I did have a faster split than him at Ironman UK 70. in 2008. I was 20 seconds quicker in Transition 1! Woo-hoo!!! And that's about it. I did get to within 30 seconds of him in a 10 mile time trial in 2009 and again in a 25 mile TT, where I was his minute man and he only caught me with a mile and a half to go!!
James is racing the New Forest middle distance triathlon on 19th September, and he will win by a country mile. I am aiming for a top 10 finish. 12th last year and ran like a donkey!! This year, just gonna go and give it some welly, no pressure, and have some fun!
Got the Weymouth Classic tri this Sunday, but not in particularly great form, but now fully recovered from Outlaw efforts and bike and run legs are returning slowly. Will just go have fun and see what happens!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger