Google analytics

Tuesday 20 February 2007

Turbo Man Again!

1 hour and 10 minutes turning the pedals over. My bike fitness needs improving on, leg strength needs work. Trainer is doing it's job though.
Ave hr 142 bpm. Max bpm 174. Added a few intervals into the session. Takes ages for me to get going, and really to be honest, I should have had another hour out there, as I only started feeling good after 50 minutes! This bodes well for the Half Ironman in June. I seem to get stronger the longer I'm out there, and especially when I get the nutrition right as well.
750 ml of SIS Electrolyte during workout, and that really works well for me. Will try the SIS Energy powder drink as well.
Have now got a date for my op. This Friday! Good to get it done, but it means 1-2 weeks off. Thank god for turbo trainers. Will be able to turn legs over gently and practice pedal technique towards the end of the second week. But my swimming is going to really suffer. Running not too bad and can happily now run steady for an hour with no problems. I can do the swim distance but as far as time goes, I'm going to have to really work at it to get some good times out.
It's a shame the op has come when it has as I have laid down a really good base layer of endurance fitness and this just comes at a bad time when I really need to be putting in the miles, especially on the bike.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger