Google analytics

Sunday 17 May 2009

Bournemouth Jubilee Wheelers 30

Steve Birtwistle
Absolutely dreadful riding conditions kicked off about 15 minutes into this 30 miler! Wind and torrential rain in places. Never have I felt so cold on a bike, or after a race. Completely soaked to the skin!
I had just about got rid of a cold by this morning, but still feeling a little weary and on starting I had no juice to really get up to speed. My speedo wasn't working so I just got into what felt like pushing a reasonable gear and held it at that for most of the race. By the end the surface water was susbstantial and the roundabouts were pretty treacherous, a lot of grease and diesel to be seen. Lot of punctures and DNFs and a lot of non-starters, who must have predicted the weather.
I was about 5 minutes down on what I would normally ride over that sort of distance, but that was my first official '30', so I'll take it as a marker, and if I rode like that on a triathlon bike leg I'd be quite happy. Well done to Julian Jenkinson who rode strongly to win in very tough conditions.

Results:

http://cyclingtimetrials.janet0102.co.uk/Default.aspx?&ge482__geka=zDDQ-6ZV33MzjqeBwbmQrz_ANSkB_T7qN_S6WibhjZQ7lWdVorNhujUmx1ZTuQec&ge482__gevi=bkosVTEcmXX5ekdECVvBmA&gv484__gvac=2&gv484__gvff0=53938&gv484__gvfl0=0&language=en-GB&tabid=109

No comments:

Powered By Blogger