Google analytics

Monday 4 May 2009

Dorchester Triathlon 2009

Sunday 10th May, 9:45am. I'll be setting off again on another whirlwind of a race, 400m pool swim, 15 mile bike and 4 mile run. This is very much a training race, but I still want to go there and race hard. I will ride over there, about 20 miles and back again, just to get plenty of miles in and a good warm up. Seems like a quality field again. James Gilfillan might be there again, if I can persuade him to race. He was in winning form again yesterday at the New Forest Traithlon. Results on http://www.tri247.com
So I had a fairly restful bank holiday weekend, got out yesterday for a long run which I haven't done for a while, and seem to be going well. Was out for a 90k ride today, hilly and an regular route of mine taking in Blandford, Dorchester, Weymouth and Wareham. Nice and steady, pushed on at race pace in the last hour and my bike legs are ok. Just need to find some more hills to ride up and down before UK 70.3 which is less than 6 weeks away!
Back to schedule tomorrow, in the pool and interval run set, and then evening 10 time trial on Wednesday, and a sea swim at some point. Then ease down a little into race day.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger