Google analytics

Monday 27 October 2008

Cold in the UK

Well, it's a bit chilly today.
I had a rest weekend, of absolutely nothing. And pain free. All good. Had to ride to work this morning, unavoidable really, and bit of a dull ache in the knee. However, not all bad, as pain free now. Was early morning, and it was cold and damp and tight Assos longs on which restrict my knee movement. Will push bike to train later and get that home, not riding. I can now not ride for the rest of the week, which was my original plan for recovery. I'll swim at lunch today and tomorrow lunch and evening, just to get an aerobic workout of some sort. My fitness levels don't feel too bad. But I will have lost bike speed, and as for running, well, I'm not even thinking about it! Sports massage tomorrow which will help. On the advice of James Gilfillan, I'm going to completely leave my knee alone, no friction rubbing, no ice, no heat, no gel, just ot give it chance to settle. I did a lot less with it over the weekend, just stretching and it feels much better.
I read my training diary and it's more like a doctor's surgery notes!

This morning on the bike was a bit negative but I've put it behind me and am trying really hard to focus on staying positive. Pain free is the key! I am repeating that mantra to myself on an hourly basis!
12 days til race day! The countdown begins!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger