Google analytics

Friday 11 March 2011

Body Fat

Just thought I would share a couple of interesting facts I have discovered about fat burning and weight management.

1. A good balanced diet with reduced sugars and good quality fats.
2. Short intense workouts.
3. A high metabolic rate.
4. Fuel is in abundance in our bodies as fat stores.
5. Reduction in bodyfat and slimmer shape.

1 + 2 = 3
3 + 4 = 5

This works. I am walking proof of this. I have had to change the way I train over the last few weeks because of ankle injury and lack of time, so my workouts have become shorter but more intense. I have cut lots of sugar from my diet and have only low GI and low GL carbs. Loads of dairy, milk, butter, eggs, red meat and nuts, seeds, dried fruit. Things like oatcakes and peanut butter. I eat little and often and don't go long periods without food. Last year I was training 17-20 hours a week and my bodyfat % was about 12%, and I was consuming a vast amount of food. At the moment, I train between 5 and 7 hours a week. My bodyfat 8 weeks ago was 16%, it is now at 13%. And is dropping, and will continue to drop when I eventually add some endurance training in there. My weight has gone up, but this is due to muscle gain of about 5 kilos over the last 3 months. Core strength and arms and shoulders, and also legs. I am leaner than I have been before and have more strength. It will be very interesting to see how I get on next season when I return to long distance racing. This year, it's shorter stuff, mainly time trialing on the bike.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger